PhD, Electrical Engineering, Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2008
BS, Electrical Engineering and Information Science, University of Science and Technology of China, 2003
Dr. Zhen Peng joined Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering as an Assistant Professor on August 1, 2013. He was a Senior Research Associate at the ElectroScience Laboratory at the Ohio State University (2010-2013). His research interests are directed towards a long-term goal of simulation-based engineering of multi-scale and multi-physics systems. His current research interests include: computational electromagnetics and multi-physics analysis, power integrity (PI) and signal integrity (SI) analyses of integrated circuits (ICs), electromagnetic compatibility/interference (EMC/EMI) analysis, simulation-based design of multi-scale metamaterials and reconfigurable antennas for wireless communication systems.
Dr. Peng has published more than 30 journal papers and 80 conference articles, a book (to be published in 2014) and a book chapter. He is a recipient of Young Scientist Award of the International Union of Radio Science, Commision B, 2013 International Symposium on Electromagnetic Theory, 2013 Young Scientist Award of Asia-Pacific Radio Science Conference, a candidate for 2012 P. W. King award of IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, the recipient of 2011 ElectroScience Laboratory Annual Best Paper Award and a recipient of 2010 Young Scientist Award in International Symposium on Electromagnetic Theory. His Ph.D. thesis work was awarded 2010 The First Prize of Beijing Science and Technology Progress.
1. Zhen Peng, Kheng-Hwee Lim and Jin-Fa Lee, “A discontinuous Galerkin surface integral equation method for electromagnetic wave scattering from non-penetrable targets,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 61 no. 7, pp. 3617-3628, 2013.
2. Zhen Peng, Kheng-Hwee Lim and Jin-Fa Lee, “Non-conformal domain decomposition methods for solving large multi-scale electromagnetic scattering problems,” Proceedings of IEEE, vol. 101 no. 2, pp. 298-319, 2013.
3. Zhen Peng, Kheng-Hwee Lim and Jin-Fa Lee, “Computations of electromagnetic wave scattering from penetrable composite targets using a surface integral equation method with multiple traces,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 61 no. 1, pp. 256-269, 2013.
4. Zhen Peng and Jin-Fa Lee, “A scalable non-overlapping and non-conformal domain decomposition method for solving time-harmonic Maxwell Equations in R3,” SIAM Journal on Scientific Computing., vol. 34, no. 3, pp. A1266-A1295, 2012.
5. Zhen Peng, Xiaochuan Wang and Jin-Fa Lee, “Integral equation based domain decomposition method for solving electromagnetic wave scattering from non-penetrable objects,” IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, vol. 59, no. 9, pp. 230-241, 2011.
Computational Methods in Electromagnetics
Foundations of Engineering Electromagnetics
Applied Electromagnetics Group