Beginning in 1978 and in all even numbered years thereafter, the SUMMA
Foundation has sponsored AMEREM (American Electromagnetics) /
(European Electromagnetics) Symposia, formerly known as HPEM (High-Power Electromagnetics Meeting),
formerly known as NEM (Nuclear EMP Meeting). The
Permanent AMEREM/EUROEM Committee
is part of the Foundation.
The AMEREM/EUROEM Symposia are in permanent technical cooperation with the
IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Antennas and
Propagation Society (AP-S).
Beginning in 1994 the name, NEM, was merged into the more inclusive name, HPEM.
Beginning in 1996 the Ultra Wideband, Short Pulse (UWB, SP) begun in
1992 at Brooklyn Polytechnic Institute (Leo Felsen et al) was merged
into AMEREM/EUROEM. Also included was a symposium on Unexploded Ordnance (UXO).
NEM = Nuclear EMP Meeting;
HPEM = High-Power Electromagnetics Meeting;
AMEREM = American Electromagnetics;
EUROEM = European Electromagnetics;
List of Symposia
- NEM 1978, Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
Chairman: Carl E. Baum
- NEM 1980, Anaheim, California, U.S.A.
Chairman: Gene E. Morgan
- NEM 1982, Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
Held jointly with IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S) Symposium and National Radio Science Meeting (U.S. National Committee of the International Radio Science Union (USNC/URSI)
Chairman: Carl E. Baum
- NEM 1984, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.A.
Chairman: Louis F. Libello
- NEM 1986, Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
Chairman: Robert L. Gardner
- NEM 1988, Menlo Park, California, U.S.A.
Chairman: Werner Graf
- NEM 1990, Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
Chairman: Michael G. Harrison
- NEM 1992, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.A.
Held jointly with IEEE AP-S Symposium and National Radio Science Meeting
Chairman: Piergiorgio L.E. Uslenghi
- EUROEM 1994, Bordeaux, France
Chairman: Dominique J. Serafin
- AMEREM 1996, Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
Chairman: Shyam H. Gurbaxcini
- EUROEM 1998, Tel Aviv, Israel
Chairman: Joseph Shiloh
- EUROEM 2000, Edinburgh, Scotland, U.K.
Chairman: Paul D. Smith and David M. Parkes
- AMEREM 2002, Annapolis, Maryland, U.S.A.
Chairman: Terence J. Wieting
- EUROEM 2004: Magdeburg, Germany
Chairman: Jürgen Nitsch
- AMEREM 2006: Albuquerque, New Mexico, U.S.A.
Held jointly with IEEE AP-S Symposium and National Radio Science Meeting.
Chairman: Donald McLemore
- EUROEM 2008: Lausanne, Switzerland
Chairman: Farhad Rachidi
- AMEREM 2010: Ottawa, Canada
Chairman: Lot Shafai
- EUROEM 2012: Toulouse, France
Chairman: Jean-Philippe Parmantier