ABET Accreditation: BS in Computer Engineering
The Computer Engineering program at the University of New Mexico is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, https://www.abet.org, under the General Criteria and the Program Criteria for Electrical, Computer, Communications, Telecommunication(s) and Similarly Named Engineering Programs.
Program Educational Objectives
The program educational objectives (PEOs) for the Computer Engineering Program are that graduates
- will utilize their engineering skills as leaders in industry, non-profit organizations, and national laboratories or in the pursuit of graduate education;
- will be knowledgeable of the professional responsibilities and social context associated with being an engineer; and effectively communicate the results of their work;
- will continue to develop their knowledge and skills throughout their careers; and,
- will lead by professional example in a diverse environment.
The Outcomes of the BS in Computer Engineering are to educate students who will have:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.
Enrollment & Graduation Data