Make New Friends, Eat Well & Find Help
May 1, 2021
Want Success? There's an app for that!
April 30, 2021
ECE Shines as SOE Annual Award Winners are Announced!
April 15, 2021
Andrey Andreev Receives Third US Patent
April 1, 2021
Shipley Wins SSGF: 1st for UNM
July 15, 2017
ECE PhD Student Gabriel Alan Shipley has been selected to receive National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (SSGF). This is the first time a UNM graduate student has received this prestigious honor.
Mr. Shipley is supervised by Professor Mark Gilmore and his focus is in the area of High Energy Density Science.
As a recipient of this award Mr Shipley will enjoy:
- A $36,000 yearly stipend.
- Payment of full tuition and required fees during the appointment period at any accredited U.S. university.
- An annual $1,000 academic allowance for research or professional development expenses
- A term of up to four years, subject to annual renewal.
- Participation in an annual DOE NNSA SSGF program review, with related travel expenses reimbursed.
- A 12-week research practicum at one of DOE's national defense laboratories: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Los Alamos National Laboratory or Sandia National Laboratories (California or New Mexico).
As part of its science and national security missions, the U.S. Department of Energy National Nuclear Security Administration (DOE NNSA) supports a broad spectrum of basic and applied research in science and engineering at the agency's national laboratories, at universities and in industry.
Because of its continuing needs, NNSA has a special interest in encouraging development of the next generation of leaders in stewardship science. The DOE NNSA SSGF program's primary objective is to encourage the training of scientists by providing financial support to talented students who study and research designated areas of stewardship science accompanied by practical work experience at DOE NNSA research facilities.
For more information about this award please visit the NNSA SSFG website located here.